Saturday, January 27, 2007

35 Years of Marriage


January 6, 2007

Well, as promised, here are just a few pictures from my parent's 35th Anniversary Wedding Vow Renewal Ceremony. They never had a real "wedding" or wedding pictures. They do now. It was a surprise for my mom from my sister and me. (My mom kind of figured something like this was going to renewal. For those who haven't read the previous post about this, my parents eloped to Alaska (where my dad was stationed in the Army) and got married at a Justice of the Peace.happen, as she obviously got the wedding dress.)

The day was perfect. It really was. God provided a beautiful, sunny Arizona day.

My parents met at a Phoenix College football game in October of 1971. My mom was in the Marching Band, and my dad was visiting his dad in Phoenix (he was on leave from the Army, stationed in Alaska). They dated for a week, and then wrote to each other for 2-3 months. Then, in early January of 1972, my mom boarded her first ever plane and flew to Alaska to marry my dad. (She had a picture of him in her hand as she got off the plane, as she had only seen him a few time a few months earlier. If any of you know my mom, you know that she is very creative and loves helping with weddings. That is why this was so special. She finally got the wedding she never had.

Mom and Dad, you are incredible. It has been rough, for all of us, but you stuck it out. May you have many more years of love and life together.

Love you,
Tony

No comments: