Thursday, June 22, 2006

Minneapolis Trip #1: Goodbye Night

I know that I'm doing this backward, starting at the end of the week, but it is one of the strongest memories. We had a great time. After the week, two of the guys from a transformational community in San Francisco (info at Reimagine), me, Jared, a host couple, Jen Chan (a youth director at a church in Winnipeg, Manitoba), Mikael Chan (no relation to the above Chan, he attends the same church in Winnipeg as Jen and is a university student), and a friend of Jen's from Minnesota all went to a peanut bar in Uptown Minneapolis. They serve free peanuts and popcorn, AND is smoke-free (the whole county is smoke-free) so I actually could go. Anyway, there was a little Foosball Table there... and Jared and I got several games in. Sometimes as opponents, sometimes as partners. It was a lot of fun!


Here are Mikael, Jen, and I. I really liked hanging out with these awesome Christians from up North! Jen had spent a year in San Francisco, so she was a bit more familiar with America than Mikael. It was awesome seeing them see America with "foreign eyes." I sometimes forget that Canada is a foreign country!








Did I mention that I kicked butt the WHOLE night... never losing a single match! Yes, that means, I actually beat Jared (my arch nemesis in everything... ;-p ) again and again and again...











Jen is an incredible woman, and I'm glad that I got the opportunity to get to know her and see pictures from her recent trip to her ancestral lands in Hong Kong and Mainland China.











Overall, this was one of the most fun nights in recent memory!

No comments: