Monday, March 26, 2007

Wireless Internet + Spring = Awesome Evening

Today has been a great day. Work went smooth. Good patient flow, good relationships, a great mix of routine and challenge. But what really stole the show was the weather.

Spring has burst upon the scene in Northeast Ohio. Oh, she may be fickle, and leave us again for a week or two, but she is certainly not coy this year. She has donned her green apparel, begun the symphony for her grand entrance, and has flirted with us with her warm breath on our necks.

I got to come home tonight (the first restful night since returning from my trip to Orlando) and decided to go for a run. I ran past a pond that was nearly deafening from the frogs and crickets. Then I came home and got into the hot tub, and relaxed and drank water. When the jets turned off, I just floated, staring at the grass that seeminly turned green in a two day period. I listened, and heard countless birds chirping and rustling, as the wind gently blew through the pine trees in front of my house. I could hear children playing half a mile away, and in the distance, a steady banging of work, a sure sign of spring. Now, as I write, I have watched dusk envelope the day, as I browsed the internet and got caught up on some things. Though dark, the birds still chirp; the crickets continue their endless symphony.

God is so good, and can be so rapid in the changes He brings about. This evening was a much needed sermon. I need to be patient, and trust that God will bring change. He always does.

No comments: