Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Generations and memories

I remember a picture of me when I was very young, sitting on my great-grandfather's lap.

When my grandma (Helen... in the picture) sent this picture to me for my birthday, it brought back that old image so vividly. That is my nephew, Brandon, sitting on his great-grandmother's lap. It was taken in April, when everyone came over to my parent's house to visit me since I was in town (I subsequently got very sick when everyone got there, and ended up in the emergency room with dehydration... but that's another story.... and I have no idea what's on his face).

I have been so richly blessed with my family. I got to know and appreciate my dad's dad (Ed... who is now deceased), and my dad's mom (Oma Helen) and my mom's mom (above). My maternal grandfather died when I was... about 9 or so. Anyway, this picture reminded me so much of the love I had and still have in my family. I am glad that Brandon in growing up in that. I hope he knows how blessed he is.

No comments: